‘It Haunts Me.’ Intimate Benghazi Details Emerge After 7 Month Investigation
Some questions have been answered in regards to the events surrounding the Benghazi terrorist attacks that took place on September 11, 2012.
The Citizen’s Commission on Benghazi issued a scathing review that had been 7 months in the making.
From an earlier Mr. Conservative report:
The Citizen’s Commission that is made up of retired military officers, intelligence officers, and national security experts who are hungry to find answers.
The Commission is a project of Accuracy in Media which is non-profit, media watchdog which has made for a natural parent organization to the group. The Citizen’s Commission has had to rely heavily on witness testimonies throughout their extensive investigation and have found that the whistleblowers and sources they have spoken with are more comfortable stepping up to talk confidentially with a project tied to a media watchdog.
Former CIA officer, Clare Lopez — who serves as the group’s spokesperson — explained that witness testimonies have been an essential part of the investigation.
During an interview I conducted with Lopez in late March, she specified that not a single Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request had been granted from the federal government. Therefore, the revelations that have come to light have unraveled through the testimony of witnesses who have much of the intimate knowledge that congressional investigations on Benghazi have been lacking.
Months before the attacks took place on the diplomatic post in Libya, ‘The United States switched sides in the war on terror with what we did in Libya, knowingly facilitating the provision of weapons to known al-Qaeda militias and figures,’ Lopez told the Daily Mail.
She went on to specify that U.S. armed forces knowingly allowed for weapons to enter Benghazi while also spelling out our government’s involvement. ‘The intelligence community was part of that, the Department of State was part of that, and certainly that means that the top leadership of the United States, our national security leadership, and potentially Congress – if they were briefed on this – also knew about this.’
The Daily Mail reports that those arms we’re intended for Gaddaffi but allowed to flow to his al-Qauda linked opposition.
The Commission wrote that the U.S. Government ‘ignored his calls for a truce’ and instead backed the radical militias that would eventually kill the U.S. Ambassador.
Amongst it’s findings, the Citizen’s Commission also revealed that the deeper motivations for the planned kidnapping of Ambassador Stevens involved leveraging his life for the return of a terrorist who is currently serving a life sentence.
Admiral James ‘Ace’ Lyons told the group that he believes the raid on the Benghazi compound was intended as a kidnapping exercise, aimed at snatching U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and demanding a prisoner swap for the ‘blind sheikh’ Omar Abdel-Rahman.
Abdel-Rahman is serving a life sentence in federal prison for planning the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center garage in New York City. He also masterminded a plan, later foiled, to blow up the United Nations, both the Lincoln and Holland tunnels, the George Washington Bridge and a federal building where the FBI had a base of operations.
Lyons also rebutted the claim that the U.S. lacked the time to mount a counter-offensive while the attack was taking place. ‘I’m going to tell you that’s not true,’ he said. ‘We had a 130-man unit of forces at Sigonella [AFB in Italy]. They were ready to go.’ He went on to say, ‘The flight time from Sigonella to Benghazi is roughly an hour.’
The Commission accused the Obama administration’s condemnation of a YouTube video as being ‘well-coordinated with U.S. Muslim Brotherhood organizations as well as Islamic state members of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC).’
You may also remember, Hillary Clinton’s now infamous quote that came from a Senate hearing where she asked, ‘What difference does it make?” Former CIA Officer Wayne Simmons had this to say:
‘It haunts me,’ Simmons said. ‘I play that line over, and over, and over, and over in my mind.’
The group has called on a Select Congressional Committee to investigate the attacks. Nearly 200 members of Congress have signed on in aggreement of such a committee. But, House Speaker Boehner ‘has blocked it.’
This has left the Citizen’s Committee to wonder, ‘if he had some sort of briefing on what had happened.’
What do you think? Sound off in the comments sections below.
(h/t: the Daily Mail)
You may also like to read:
- Hillary May Have Gotten Four Americans Killed By Doing This
- Something Just Happened That Could Destroy Hillary’s Presidential Hopes
- Bombshell New Memo Could Finish Hillary’s Presidential Chances Forever
- Fox News Anchor Confronts Obama To His Face, Then This Happens
- Benghazi Heroes Call Out Democratic Congressman on National Television