Feds Reverse Course, Say ‘No Deal’ With Nevada Rancher
On Saturday the headlines across Fox News and the alternative media read that the Bureau of Land Management had struck a deal with Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy. However now that things have calmed, and people don’t seem as interested they’ve backtracked and said that no deal has been made, vowing to continue to pursue actions against him.
All last week we saw images and videos of the armed standoff, with federal agents amassing in the area while armed citizens flocked to the area to support and defend the rancher. There had been threats from both sides that violence would erupt if someone made the wrong move, and at one point federal agents threatened to shoot the protestors dead.
The standoff seemingly ended when Sheriff Douglas Gillespie announcing on Saturday that a deal had been reached between the BLM and Bundy, with the BLM agreeing to back down and withdraw from the area. However now the BLM is saying that it had no part in the deal with Bundy and they’ll be pursuing him both “administratively and judicially” for the $1 million they claim he owes in grazing fees.
“The door isn’t closed. We’ll figure out how to move forward with this,” said BLM spokesman Craig Leff in an interview with the Associated Press.
“The BLM and National Park Service did not cut any deal and negotiate anything, there was no deal we made.”
Bundy has refused to pay the fees since 1993 and has offered to pay them to Clark County instead. However if the feds continue to pursue the fees they’ll more than likely be sending armed men to the ranch again to collect what they say they’re owed. If that happens, it could provoke another armed standoff as Americans surely won’t back down again.
To add to the situation, a private investigator by the name of Doug Hagmann is claiming that he has a source within the Department of Homeland Security that told him the stand down by the feds on Saturday was only temporary and designed to convince Bundy’s supporters that the situation was resolved.
He said that his source told him that the plan for releasing the cattle came on Friday and that what happened on Saturday was merely a test to assess the strength of the “resistance” from the militias and others who had gone to ranch to support Bundy.
No matter what was said, it’s safe to assume that the feds are doing nothing more than regrouping and finding a different method to go after the rancher. They never lose, they merely lick their wounds and come back fighting from a different angle.
Do you think this is the end of the dispute? Let us know with a comment!
You may also like to read:
- Patriotic Cowboys are Riding to D.C., Demanding Removal of Obama
- Democrat Candidate Calls Veteran “Un-American:” Gets Owned
- Republicans Not Letting BLM Off The Hook For Bundy Ranch Standoff
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz HUMILIATED On Live Television
- Democrats Nominate Latina Gang Member For Governor To Appeal To Hispanics