Asteroid To Be Named After Trayvon Martin
The Lowell observatory in Arizona wants thinks there was no “social fairness” in the Trayvon Martin case.
Their solution? Name an asteroid after the teen!
The Lowell observatory discovered hundreds of asteroids in 2000 alone. They want one of those to be named after Martin, according to William Lowell Putnam III. Here is what he proposed as the citation for the asteroid:
Named in memory of Trayvon Martin (1995-2012), a student at Dr. Michael M. Krop High School in Miami, Florida. Unarmed, he was fatally shot in Sanford, Florida, during an altercation with the neighborhood watch coordinator.
The Minor Planet Center rejected Putnam’s idea at first, but now they are reconsidering it since the trial is over.
Putnam said, “As I see it, the social fairness showed to Trayvon Martin was very sadly lacking. Inasmuch as I am the sole trustee of an institution which has some naming privileges, I want to do my share to see that this lad is remembered in an appropriate manner.”
Your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments section below.
You may also like to read:
- [VIDEO] George Zimmerman Won’t Be Arrested for the Third Time- Girlfriend Recants
- NY Cop Killer Caught Selling This Online
- You Won’t Believe Who The Brown Family Is Teaming Up With Now…
- Zimmerman’s Family Reveals Life Of Constant Paranoia, Death Threats
- Parents Of Trayvon Martin, Mike Brown Teaming Up For Race War Of The Century