New White House Petition To Ban Creationism In Schools
Thousands of people are signing a new petition that bans the teaching of creationism and Intelligent Design in American classrooms.
In only one week, the petition has almost 24,000 signatures.
(Read more: Armed Protest At Washington DC – With Water Guns!)
The petition says, “Both of these so-called ‘theories’ have no basis in scientific fact, and have absolutely zero evidence pointing towards these conjectures. These types of loopholes in our education are partially to blame for our dangerously low student performances in math and science. Therefore, we petition the Obama Administration to ban the teachings of these conjectures that contradict Evolution.”
The petition was created by someone listed as A.J. from Vienna, Virginia. Nothing more is known about the author.
(Read more: Public Elementary School Named After Michelle Obama)
In order to get a guaranteed response from the Obama Administration, the petition needs 100,000 signatures by July 15.
Ken Ham, the president of the creationist organization Answers in Genesis, said this petition is an example of the growing intolerance and hatred towards Christians in the US.
He said, “This anti-creationist petition is yet another example of the intolerance of evolutionist activists” who do not “want to see any challenge to their deeply held secularist worldview.”
Tell us what you think about the petition in the comments section below. We want to hear your thoughts!
Written by Kristin Tate.
Follow Kristin on Twitter @KristinBTate.
You may also like to read:
- Liberals LIVID Over This Painting In Ben Carson’s Home – ‘I Don’t Have To Be Politically Correct Here’
- BREAKING: Massive Biblical Discovery Rocks the Globe
- ‘Duck Dynasty’s’ Korie Robertson Slams Obama – America Has ‘Turned Away From God’
- Race-Baiting Host Of ‘The View’ Gets Some VERY Bad News – She Had This Coming…
- BREAKING: Four Police Officers Injured After Massive Brawl With High School Thugs