59 Congressional Reps Want Sec. Hagel To Reveal Why He Met With Anti-Christian Extremist
The Pentagon has been making news lately because of a seemingly obsessive focus on Christians in the military. Even as it has worked for years now to pretend that Major Nidal Hassan’s “Allahu Akbar” killing spree at Fort Hood had nothing to do with religion, it micromanages any appearance of, or even access to, Christianity in the military. It’s also indicated that it believes that, while Islam is a religion of peace, Christians pose a real terrorist threat to Americans.
Those who are concerned about the Pentagon’s behavior have no quarrel with the rule that bans forcible proselytizing in America’s military. They do have problems, however, with rules that seem aimed at wiping out Christians’ ability to practice their religion freely.
One of the things that has most concerned people worried about religious freedom in the military – or, more accurately, religious freedom for Christians in the military – is the Pentagon’s decision to partner with Michael “Mikey” Weinstein, who founded and is president of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, to help develop the Pentagon’s new tolerance policy. Tolerance is good; Mikey’s version of it is quite bad. Mikey has the Leftist’s obsessive hatred for Christians, especially in the American military. As just one example, he has characterized them as “well-funded gangs of fundamentalist Christian monsters who terrorize their fellow Americans by forcing their weaponized and twisted version of Christianity upon their helpless subordinates in our nation’s armed forces.”
Concerned about the Pentagon’s partnering with a fanatic Christian-hater, Congressmen Steve Scalise and John Fleming, both from Louisiana, along with 59 other members of the House, send a letter to Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel asking him to explain what’s going on:
It has come to our attention that as recently as April 23, 2013, Pentagon officials met with Mr. Michael “Mikey” Weinstein, Founder and President of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF), to discuss religious freedom in the military. As we have great concern regarding numerous inflammatory statements from Mr. Weinstein in recent weeks, we are seeking further clarification on the meeting that took place late last month.
After detailing examples of Mikey’s extremist statements about Christians in the military, the letter asks that Hagel answer four specific questions related to Mikey’s role working with the Pentagon:
1. Confirmation of a meeting between pentagon officials and representatives from MRFF, as well as a list of meeting attendees, both military and civilians;
2. The purpose of the meeting specifically whether the meeting was organized to inform deliberative policy for the Armed Forces, as well as a summary of the meeting’s discussion;
3. Prior to arranging this meeting, where Pentagon officials aware of Mr. Weinstein’s previous statements, including those referenced above?
4. In addition to any meetings already held, are there additional meetings scheduled?
We wish these sixty-one representatives success into their inquiry here. One of the great blessings of our Bill of Rights is that it allows people to practice their religions free from government oversight or interference. We understand that the men and women who join the military do give up some of their freedoms, both to preserve the military’s functionality and its political impartiality. That does not mean, though, that our Defense Department should mandate that the men and women who face death every day on the country’s behalf must give up access to or speech about their religion entirely. Doing so makes a travesty of the free country they work to defend.
You may also like to read:
- Obama Just Made A Highly Illegal Move Against Christians- He Could Be In Trouble
- Chris Kyle May Receive This Major Honor
- Bush Just Honored the US Military In A Way Obama Never Would
- Woman Caught Flipping Off Dead Soldiers, But Karma Doesn’t Let Her Get Away With It
- Wife Of Marine Filmed Urinating on Dead Taliban Reveals How Liberal Backlash Ruined His Life