The Next Step in Gun Control: Buybacks of Toy Guns
There’s something about the intersection of guns and children that turns anti-gun brains to mush. The notion that we should protect our most vulnerable people with guns, rather than leave them undefended against guns, is too alien for their brains to contemplate. Every day brings more and more stories of anti-gun people freaking out in ways that must traumatize children terribly. They suspend or otherwise punish heroes, pizza wavers, tart sculptors, photographers, and the owners of imaginary grenades. And yet, somehow, it’s never enough. For the people who see guns as irredeemably evil, without regard for the evil they so often prevent, children’s lives must be purged of anything even remotely resembling guns. Which explains the latest idea from the geniuses who brought you gun control — a toy gun buyback.
A pastor at Washington Tabernacle Baptist Church, inspired by costly and ineffective gun buybacks across America, has decided that the time is right to make the kids give up their toy guns. Pastor Rodney Francis explained his thinking to CBS St. Louis:
My wife and I feel that we need to do everything we can to not allow our kids to get exposed to this too early. They’re going to get exposed to it but we can protect them early on so they don’t get a distorted view of what those can do to the human body.
We want to engage the culture of violence and one of the strategies that we thought we might be able to use is to educate parents about the danger of allowing kids to continue this access to toy guns and playing with toy guns.
The good pastor’s heart is in the right place to the extent that he wants children to aspire to things greater than gun battles. Nevertheless, considering that toy weapons have been staple of children’s play since the dawn of human kind, it seems to me that Pastor Francis is going to have an uphill battle. Eventually, he’ll also finding himself buying back half-chewed pizzas and strawberry tarts, all molded into gun shapes. Considering that he is a man of God, rather than censoring traditional toys, he would do better to direct his efforts to helping people recover traditional morality and decency.
10 Strange And Shocking Stories Of Students Suspended By Politically Correct Liberal Educators [CLICK TO READ]
- Suspended students for disarming someone who actually had a gun and was going to use it.
- Suspended a 10-year-old for waving around a half-chewed pizza that was sort of shaped like a gun.
- Punished a second-grader for trying to turn a gooey strawberry tart into a sculpture of a mountain, only to have it end up looking like a gun.
- Suspended an imaginative kid who deal with his childish fears by throwing an imaginary grenade at pretend bad guys in a box.
“Enough with the hysteria! Enough is enough!”
Last week we wrote an article Debunking Every Liberal Gun Myth – Still, who knows if the government will pass the assault weapons ban, if you’re worried it will pass – here are the 5 Guns You should Buy Before A Gun ban, in better news though – a Sheriff in Oregon has said that he will not enforce the gun ban even if it is passed – and he is joined by many other law enforcement that are standing against Obama’s Gun Control Agenda.
You may also like to read:
- At Least 15 Dead in Active Shooting
- Waffle House Just Disrespected American Veterans In An Awful Way
- Thug Films Himself Pointing Gun At Police Car – Watch What Happens Next
- Cocky Robber Messes With Old Man – Never Thought This Would Happen Next…
- She Screamed To Jesus When A Thug Attacked Her Baby – Then A Miracle Happened