Senator Puts Forward Bill Requiring Parents to Report to Schools If They Own Firearms
A Missouri Democrat wants to force parents to inform school officials of firearms ownership.
“We are not trying to take away anyone’s gun, period,” State Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal told KMOV in St. Louis. “We’re not even asking what kind of gun you have. We want the school district to be able to say, ‘you know what, there are some really terrible things going on right now,’ and we need to be able to talk to the parent that we know they have a gun and make sure that there is security, that this gun is stored securely.”
The proposed law would criminalize and impose a $100 fine on parents who fail to inform public and private school officials and $1,000 they are found guilty of “negligent storage of a firearm” and fail to notify a school that they own a firearm.
“It’s the next idea in a long list of proposed ideas for gun control: Making it mandatory for parents to notify their children’s schools about their gun supply,” reports KCTV in Kansas City.
You may also like to read:
- BREAKING: Obama Launches ‘Largest Gun Grab In US History’ – The Disturbing Details…
- BREAKING: Obama Moves To BAN Social Security Recipients From Owning Guns
- BREAKING: Obama Calls For Gun Confiscation
- GOP Sticks It To Gun-Grabbing Liberals With ‘Nightmare’ New Bill
- What Obama Just Said to Veterans Will Make You Sick